In His Glad Service, Breck & Robbie Castleman

A bit of news about the life, work, family and faith of Breck and Robbie Castleman. "In His Glad Service" is a borrowed salutation from "Ham" and Estelle Hamilton who mentored us in the faith in our young life. They gave us permission to adopt their refrain for our own lives. We pray the we would be known as two people "In His Glad Service".

My Photo
Name:
Location: Siloam Springs, Arkansas, United States

Monday, September 8, 2008




I've been reading the collected works of Gerard Manley Hopkins as part of my morning quiet time. The other morning the following poem touched my heart and mind and tongue with a sweet grace. I had to read it out loud. Then I had to read it out loud to Breck.

So, I thought I'd share this with my friends and family who visit our blog from time to time.
It is almost autumn...
Pied Beauty
Glory be to God for dappled things-
For skies of couple-colour as a brinded cow;
For rose moles all in stipple upon trout that swim;
Fresh-firecoal chestnut-falls; finches' wings;
Landscape plotted and pieced-fold, fallow, and plough;
And all trades, their gear and tackle and trim.
All things counter, original, spare, strange;
Whatever is fickle, freckle (who knows how?)
With swift, slow; sweet, sour; adazzle, dim;
He fathers-forth whose beauty is past change:
Praise him.
Gerard Manley Hopkins

2 Comments:

Blogger Christina Carnes said...

SO glad to find your blog! What a great way to stay updated! I'm working on that book list. Cry, the Beloved Country is up next.

September 14, 2008 at 4:40 PM  
Blogger Christina Carnes said...

OH! and if you would be interested, here's mine...

christinacarnes.wordpress.com

September 14, 2008 at 4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home